Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Meet the family!

I want to start my first blog with an introduction to our six (4 legged) children.  My husband and I have no children except for our animals and they are spoiled.  You may see them throughout postings.  I hope you enjoy this part our life.  We have 4 dogs (one female & three males) and 2 cats (one male & one female).  They are all adopted into our family and rule the household, daily.  We live on 6 arces of land, so there is plenty of room for our animals.

First up is Zeus. He is (we think) a British Shorthair Feline.  He was found wondering, starved in a parking lot as a kitten (unsure of his age), neutered and front paws declawed.  Zeus is a home body cat.  He thinks he is part dog and can be very demanding in the morning for breakfast.
Picture: He is waiting for one of his parents to feed him. We try to manage his weight issue.
We feed the cats on the island because Daisy (you will meet her in a minute) likes to eat the cat food.
 
Next, is our female feline named Bird.  She is more of an outdoor cat, until the weather changes.  When she comes indoors, it usually rains or a cold front is coming. We call her the weather cat.  Also, she is the hunter of the two cats...sometimes, you will find a gift on the floor from her nightly hunts.
She was found taking a nap on a quilt loaded on my longarm.
Yes, it was cold outside and she knows a good quilt is warm.
 
Everyone, we would like for you to meet Daisy.  She was dropped off three winters ago, just skin and bones.  We nursed her back to health and had her spayed. Pretty sure she is mixed breed with mostly Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Cur.  Daisy has one glass eye, very intelligent, protective and territorial.  She is a daddy's girl and my guard dog.
This is not her bed (it is Bo's), of course, she wants what everyone else has in the house.
 
Here is my friend named Bo.  He is a Sheltie. Bo is getting old and starting to grey.  I have noticed his hearing is getting bad but my husband said it is selective hearing. Bo has been with me since 2006 and was about 2 or 3 years at the time I took him in.  He is a ladies dog, loves the women and enjoys standing in the doorway to watch you dress or undress.
Excuse the bad eye picture; he likes to run from the camera.
 
Here is big boy Jake.  He is my husband's dog.  He is really unsure of his age or breed.  His grey is coming in around his face, so he is getting up there in age, too.  Jake is so young at heart and loves to play in the rain. When he gets muddy, we tell him he needs mud flaps.  Jake enjoys riding in a vehicle and is very smart when it comes to conversation.   He has an outstanding travel volcabulary.  We have to spell words like "ride", "go" or "leave" when he is in the room. 
Jake is known a smiley dog.
 
He is waiting for his daddy to come home, sleeping.
Check out the use of the end table.
 
And last but not least, since Christmas 2012, the newest addition to our home; My niece named him Buster Brown (color is brown and white).  We believe he is beagle/walker hound mixed.  Daisy has taken to him as a playmate.  Buster loves children and truely loves hunting.  Picture below is Daisy and Buster on the couch sleeping after a long day of running and playing.
I
I have to get a better picture of Buster, but they are sound asleep.
 
Here is the picture hound; excuse the focus. I was trying to get a picture of Jake.
Daisy wants you to check back later...
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world, Rozanne. I know you have a lot to teach us. You are very talented in everything you do. Everyone will love to see the beautiful things you have made and will make. You have been teaching me so much about quilting and I thank you very much! Can't wait to go to the Intl Quilt Festival in Houston Texas this year again together!
    Happy Blogging
    xo
    Aunt Stephanie

    ReplyDelete